What We Believe
”Ye are the light of the world. . . . Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” -Matthew 5:14-16
Declaration Of Faith
As a ministry of the Ocoee Church of God, in Ocoee, Florida, Light Christian Academy holds to the Church of God Declaration of Faith:
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as our Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism of the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saint’s feet.
- In the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In bodily resurrection, eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
This declaration of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Light Christian Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Lead/Senior Pastor of Ocoee Church of God is Light Christian Academy’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Light Christian Academy’s administration recognizes that there are many different denominations and traditions in the Christian religion and welcomes families from other denomination and traditions so long as harmony can be maintained between the school and the family. Our curriculum is non-denominational and Trinitarian in its approach.
Light Christian Academy also recognizes that many parents who are not Christians may appreciate the value of Christian education in training, teaching, and equipping their children. Light Christian Academy will strive to accomplish its goal with children from non-Christian homes. However, students may be refused enrollment in the school if the administration believes that the relationship between the home and the school is not in harmony with the school’s stated philosophy and goals.